Submit a student absence online
Report an absence by using our attendance form below or by calling our 24/7 attendance line:
Be specific about the reason why your child will not be attending school today. If any of the below reasons apply, please indicate in the "Reason for Absence" line.
- Please indicate whether your child has any of the following symptoms:
- Feeling feverish or chills
- Fever greater than or equal to 100.4 F
- Headache (not due to another health condition, hunger, menstrual cramps stress, or injury)
- A new cough (not due to another health condition)
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties (not due to diagnosed respiratory condition or if different than normal pattern of chronic condition)
- A new sore throat (not due to another health condition)
- Congestion or runny nose (not related to allergies or health condition)
- Fatigue (more tired than normal or sudden onset)
- New muscle pain (not due to another health condition or that may have been caused by a specific activity such as physical exercise))
- New loss of taste, smell, or appetite
- Abdominal pain (not due to hunger, constipation, injury, or stress)
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- If you are reporting an absence, please fill the form out below.
- View the video below in which FCPS Superintendent Scott S. Brabrand talks about the importance of attending school every day.