Computer Tech Help
These common troubleshooting tips may help you:
Issues logging into your laptop after resetting your password? - Your laptop remembers the last password you used from an FCPS building. In order to sign in to your laptop with your new password you will need to sign in from an FCPS building. Try going to any FCPS site (any school you live near or Liberty MS), you can remain in your car and just be parked close to the building. Restart the computer a couple times and then login. This will sync the laptop and allow you to login with the new password.
If you are experiencing a licensing error you may try going to any FCPS site (any school you live near or Liberty MS) remain in your vehicle parked close to the building. You do not need to go inside. Restart the computer a couple times and then login. If you continue to have issues continue
Microphone and camera issues are the most common request for help. Ensure that Google Chrome has been set to allow the microphone and camera by opening a site like Blackboard Collaborate Ultra that uses the camera and microphone. Look for the camera icon in the upper right of the Chrome window. Choose allow camera and microphone. If it still doesn't work, click manage to open the chrome setting and ensure that camera and mic are not blocked.
- Your login to G Suite and Google Classroom is your student number.
- Forgot or Need to Change Your Password for FCPS 24-7, SIS Account, Google, or the FCPS Network?
- Recover or reset a forgotten password or change an existing password by through the FCPS password management page.
- Submit a ticket on our parent and student IT support portal and a tech support person will be back in touch with you as soon as possible.
Technology Supports for Virtual Learning
As your child continues to move forward with virtual learning, there are resources that can help you with basic technology issues. FCPS’ YouTube channel has videos that walk you and your student through basic technology topics and highlight some of the key FCPS tools, such as Google and Blackboard. These videos can provide a quick solution for quick, simple questions. Additionally, there are tip sheets available on the FCPS Parent Technology Resource page in multiple languages.
These tip sheets provide answers to basic questions about FCPS technologies. Often you can find the answer to your question in these resources. These resources will continue to be updated throughout the year; we encourage you to check there first.
If you can’t find answers in FCPS’ online resources, there are several places to seek help. Below is a guide to help you get information quickly:
- Inquiries about your child’s schedule or classes, school events or programs, checking out an FCPS laptop, or updating your information, contact your child’s school directly.
- Broader inquiries about FCPS programs or resources available to families may be directed to the Parent Resource Center at 703-204-3941, or use one of our eight Parent Information Phone Lines for information in multiple languages.
- Technical support questions about your online parent accounts, your student’s FCPS laptop, or your student’s online applications, should be directed to the Parent Technology Help Desk (toll free) at 833-921-3277 or enter a support request ticket via the Parent and Student IT Portal. Please note that the Parent Technology Help Desk and school tech teams continue to experience a high volume of support requests. We appreciate your patience, and highly recommend the self-help resources above to solve simple technology issues quickly.
We hope this information helps point you to the right resources, and we look forward to working with you and your child on a successful school year.